In an article written by the World Bank, Africa is said to be the only region in the world where more women than men choose to become entrepreneurs. However, studies showed that these female-owned businesses make 38 per cent less profit than those owned by men.
As a company big on gender equality and gender representation, we have put together a short list of lifestyles habits of successful business people that could benefit every (female) entrepreneur:
- Be an early bird: Getting up at least three hours before your work hours gives you room to plan your day, make time for personal projects and allows you time to meditate and exercise. This ensures you stay energized and productive each day.
- Exercise Regularly: The idea behind this habit is to prioritize your health. The healthier you are, the more mentally and physically prepared you will be to tackle your day.
- Read: After studying 233 wealthy individuals, most of whom are acclaimed self made millionaires, financial planner and accountant – Tom Corley, discovered that 88 percent of his study group dedicate 30 minutes each day to self-improvement and education through reading. The preferred texts were biographies, history, and self-help books.
- Plan: Setting goals and accomplishing them can be a bit overwhelming at first. Start with setting small goals and following through. Once this becomes a habit, it would be easier to set larger goals and achieve them.
- Dress well: Dressing the part plays a huge role in how you feel about yourself and how others see you. Investing in quality formal outfits is a must for any successful entrepreneur. It gives you an air of confidence and poise, and lets others know you mean business.
Success takes time. Do not beat yourself up if you have not yet accomplished all the habits listed above. Stay focused on your goals.